For first time members, the recommended method of joining is to use Shopify online store. The order form captures your name, address and phone number. This information is used to make a positive identification in the event of a large win.
Since Shopify payments use a credit card, the fees are slightly higher than other payment methods. If you wish to use an alternative payment method and are a first time member, please send an email with your contact information such has full name, address and phone number. The email must also indicate you agree to all Terms and Conditions and you are at least 19 years of age.
For all existing members, use any of the payments methods described below. Feel free to suggest another type of preferred payment method (for example, Bitcoin).
You are encouraged to pay for multiple shares in advance. This will reduce your transaction fees and it makes it less time consuming for the organizer. Any monies paid in advance will be held in your account. Group emails are customized and contain your personal account balance along with your current number of shares in each active group and your last 6 transactions.
Use Shopify online store and pay using a credit card
- The credit card transaction is processed securely in Canadian dollars. If using a credit card issued from a non-Canadian bank, your bank will convert the payment to your local currency
- This is the recommended form of payment for new members
- An acknowledgment email is sent confirming the transaction
- Shopify charges a fee depending upon the size of the payment to cover their costs including credit card fees.
- A Shopify account can be created to make subsequent payments more convenient.
Use Interac to securely transfer money from your Canadian bank or credit union account
- Payable to the email address: email@example.com
- Easy and inexpensive way to transfer money securely
- You will be asked to supply a question and password.
Send the password used via email.
Mail a cheque or money order to my home address. The address will be emailed upon request.
- Slowest method of transferring money.
- Taking into consideration the cost of postage, envelopes and cheques, this method is more expensive than Interac